Sometimes that .mkv video file you have may contain 16 audio tracks, subtitles and much more. This wastes alot of file space and can also cause problems with TV’s and other equipment that doesn’t let you change the audio track (or at least wont work). It can also be extremly annoying if by default your video plays in a different language. Heres how to quickly and easily delete unwanted audio tracks from mkv video files with more than one.
- First you need a program called MKVtoolnix (its free). Download and install the right version for your computer from here.
- Run the program mkvmerge (mmg.exe) and open your video file in it
- Deselect the audio tracks you dont want leaving you with just the video file and the audio track subtitles you wish to keep.
- Click ‘Start muxing’ at the bottom and let it finish
- Ta-Dah, you have your much smaller video file.